Monday, June 3, 2013

Welcome summer!


Dear (my) Principles of Ecology students,



I imagine you all have transitioned into your summer plans, be it work, and internship, summer classes, or catching up on some sleep.  My plan of reuniting with my dissertation research and getting out to my field sites is well underway!  



First, I would like to thank you all for a spectacular semester!  This was my last semester teaching Principles of Ecology at Rutgers and you all helped make it great!  I received many helpful and encouraging comments in the end-of-course Student Instructional Rating Survey - thank you!  



In the optional SIRS comments section, many of you took time to say that you really enjoyed my "Neat News" feature that I use to begin recitation.  Admittedly, since the semester has ended I have stumbled on some news that has made me wish I could geek-out and share it with you all.  Therefore, I have decided to keep sharing some neat news stories as I find them - posting them here on my blog. Feel free to leave comments on posts if you think something is neat or have a question.

Cheers!
Laura



No comments:

Post a Comment

Please contact me at Shappell.Ecology -at- gmail.com if you have any questions, comments, or concerns regarding the content of this blog.